Friday 26 March 2010

A Bit of Happiness

Today I went to Northern Reflections to buy black dress pants. I don't like having to go shopping, but it was time for new pants. I thought that as long as I was there I would at least look at long sleeved t-shirts of some type as well. I go to Northern Reflections because they have good stuff and usually I can walk in, find my size in the right colour and style, and leave.

Not today. Today there's a sale at Northern Reflections, which changed everything. There were no black dress pants in my size. There were larger and smaller sizes (seriously, half a size either way), but the only black ones my size had pink pinstripes. I liked them, but the stripes limit my options for tops.

So why the happiness? Well, I found a lovely pair of grey pants which will do very nicely (although someday I need to go back for the black pants). Further, the pants were regularly $69.99 and I got them for $9.99. I also bought a couple tops for $5.99 each. According to the sales lady, I saved $102.00 today. That seems to be a reason for happiness. (Although it isn't quite accurate since I wouldn't have bought the shirts if I'd had to pay full price for everything).

So....I have a white top, a pink top, and grey pants, and all for under $25.00. It was a good shopping trip and I'm happy.

1 comment:

pbfwood said...

WTG on the deals. I like new clothes but I don't like shopping for them. I would rather shop for the kids. I went to Twice as Nice yesterday because they had a $5 bag sale. I bought Keona 3 pairs of pants, a dress and 2 books. Timothy also got 2 pairs of pants, 3 tops, and a puzzle. The big boys got a book to share -- I need them for clothes. 2 pairs of Keona's pants looked BRAND NEW - one was Tommy Hilfiger and the other an unknown brand. I think I got a good deal.