Friday 15 October 2010

Almost Done...

I have only 2 more papers to write (three if I want to do the bonus paper).

One is a research paper. I'm writing about the New Covenant in Jeremiah. I did a paper last year that covered it some, but from a different angle; last year's was about general covenants in the Ancient Near East, then all the covenants in the Old Testament and then narrowing to the New Covenant, while this year I'm just writing about the fulfillment of the New Covenant. The good news is, I have all the articles I used for last year's paper, so at least some of the research is done.

The other paper is a book review. It should be easy, but the book is 612 pages long and so far not all that interesting (of course, I'm only about 25 pages into it). Ah, well, I'll plug away and see how fast I can skim and then write.

There is also the bonus project. For that I need to watch Cecil B. DeMille's The Ten Commandments and write a movie review. I watched it already once, but I'll need to watch it again and take notes. The thing is, the movie is about 3 1/2 hours long, and I'm not sure I have the time to watch it and write about it. What bothers me is that the prof hasn't marked any of our other papers (we just got marks for the chapter summaries we handed in at the end of June), so I don't know how I'm doing and if I should take the time to get the bonus marks.

Everything is due October 31. 2 weeks and 2 days, and 2 more classes will be done.

No comments: