Monday 4 October 2010

Happy, Happy, Happy!

My church has been around for almost 5 years (to be exact, 4 years and 11 months). Yesterday morning we moved into another building.

Allow me to trace our movements: when we started, there was some talk about having to meet in someone's house (and we were small enough to do it; our first pot luck was in someone's house) but we found space at a hotel. I don't remember how long we were there (2 years, maybe? or 3?), but eventually we moved next door to....another hotel! Here we had a more rooms and a more enclosed space so we didn't have to worry about children running down the hall and getting lost. As we grew, we needed to rearrange rooms and change how things were set up and double up on Sunday School rooms.

Yesterday we moved again. We're leasing a school (well, not all of the school, but most of it) so it's actually our own space. And....for the first time....every Sunday School class is in its own room. So, for the first time since I became a teacher, I have my own classroom. We're using it for my Sunday School class and the Children's Church class, since they don't need it at the same time. For the most part I can decorate how I want (as opposed to how the kids want, which included throwing paint at the walls). It has a small whiteboard that I ignored and a large chalkboard that I wrote all over (I love chalkboards). I think the lady who helps with my class laughed at me for the entire hour!

It worked out well, too, in that I was teaching my class about how God provides for us, and we had our own class in a building we've been praying for as an example!

1 comment:

pbfwood said...

What a perfect example of your lesson. That's funny because my church is in a school too.