Tuesday 22 February 2011

My Boy

Timothy will be 5 in May. In his entire life, I do not remember him not moving (although I don't see him often, so maybe he stops once in a while). Last time I was home he would come sliding into the room announcing himself "Timmyyyyyyy Wood!!!!!" Then he would play hockey or soccer or baseball by himself and his imagination. This time he was playing tennis in the mall...by himself...with no racket...or ball. When he falls he gets up saying, "It's okay, I'm okay," very reassuringly

Timothy may have seen too many musicals. He often sings whatever is going on around him or with his siblings. He also dances a lot. Maybe fewer musicals in the future, hm?

Sometimes he tries to sneak up on people or sneak out of the room. He sneaks out on tip-toe, backwards so he can watch you, and with a delighted smile on his face, even when he sees that you're watching. He's so tiny he can sneak up on people and hide behind anyone or anything! Then he laughs and says "I got you, didn't I?" very proudly.

One day he beat one of his siblings at a game on the Wii and he was doing his happy song and dance about how he won and he's so good. It wasn't aimed at the sibling and wasn't laughing at anyone; it was just delight. I laughed and asked if I could be him when I grow up. His response? "Of course you can, if you want!"

We were talking about relationships in the family. He got that his Nana is my Mum and so Grandad is my Dad. I explained that his Mom is my sister, and that was good. Then I said, "And that makes you my..." and he answered right away: "I'm your sweetie!"

Yes, Timothy, you're my sweetie.

1 comment:

pbfwood said...

He is definitely a sweetie. Maybe he will be in the musicals when he is bigger. And no, your right, he doesn't stop until he goes to bed and surprisingly he stays still when he sleeps.