Friday 26 August 2011

Another Summer Survived

Yes, I know that summer isn't actually over yet, but summer at Sylvan is done. Next week (usually Thursday) the students out here start school so on Monday we start fall hours again. This means no students during the day, just peace and quiet. It means that I'll be able to catch up on paperwork and all the little things I'd like to do (some organizing and tidying and such) that never get done in the summer. For the last couple weeks I've been short staffed and teaching a lot, so not much else has been done. Plus, I've been going home late and very tired. Next week, though, will be quieter. I'm not teaching in the evenings, and I plan to catch up on stuff and take life a bit easier (and maybe even go in late a morning or two). I figure it will help to make up for the insane hours of the last couple weeks (well, all summer really, but the last couple weeks seem the longest).

Plus....on Thursday I'm leaving for a little vacation. I plan to leave after work (and leave work early) and I'm heading to Victoria for the long weekend. I've never been to Victoria, and everyone tells me it's beautiful, so I'm going to see it for myself! I want to spend my time sleeping and reading but I've been informed by my staff that I have to do some touristy stuff or they will be very angry at me!

Tomorrow I write my General Epistles and Revelation exam. I have no idea if I'm ready for it; I've tried studying, but there's too much to learn. I think I know the key ideas, though, and it's open Bible, so I should be okay. I'll review my notes again tonight and not worry. It's an essay exam and I'm better at those; if I write enough, eventually I'll get the answer! After that there's nothing due until the first major paper on October 15th and then the other papers (on major and one only a page or two) on November 1st. That's why I'm heading away for a few days next weekend: it's quiet at work and there is no homework that I must do.

And that about sums up my life. I look forward to getting more rest and taking the time to recover before essay writing time starts. Then....I may not be heard from much until November!

No comments: