Tuesday 27 September 2011

A Conversation

I don't know if she spoke directly from a script, lacks listening comprehension, or thought I was lying, but here is a phone conversation I had with some lady today.

Her: I'd like to speak with the person in charge of ordering office supplies, please.

Me: We don't do that here; it's all done through our main office.

Her: Okay. My name is (name) and I'm calling from (place that does surveys about office supplies) and we'd like to include you in our survey. Are you the one responsible for purchasing office supplies?

Me: We don't do that here. It's all done through our main office.

Her: Is there someone I can speak to?

Me: No; we don't purchase our own office supplies.

Her: Okay, bye. (Click goes the phone).

So you be the judge: script, stupid, or skeptic?

No comments: