Sunday 25 September 2011

An Update

Well, for a while I was good about writing regularly! I'm still going to try, but I'm really busy right now. I'm a bit short staffed at work; I was able to hire, but she can't start training for another week. It's made for some long days. I also have papers to research and write. I'm getting some research done, but it's been slow. I did arrange to take next Friday off so I'd have 2 days free to do school. In preparation, my freezer is full of meals (frozen in individual portions) as well as baking; I also prepared the next two month's worth of Junior Church lessons. Most of everything that needs to be done has been done and I'm free to write essays.

We have software for the church library now. One of the men has been looking at different programs and finally found one that meets our needs. This afternoon the other librarian and I, with the help of a barcode scanner, entered all the books into the system (except the 15 that are currently checked out and the 3 without ISBN numbers that we also couldn't find in the system). We now have 450 books as well as a selection of DVDs. We also have a sign so people can find us. Today, for the first time, we had a line up to check books out. Granted, the line up was 3 people, and they made up 60% of the total patrons who came by today! Still, that makes for a busy Sunday in our library!

The small elf who sits with me on Sundays was trying to write down something from the sermon. We were learning about Jesus healing the demoniac, sending the demons into the pigs. My small elf finally wrote that the man was "controlled by Satin." I managed to not laugh and then corrected her spelling.

My Sunday School class is going well. Most of them even learned their memory verse this week, which starts things off nicely.

That's about all I have for now. I'll try to write a little more often this week. For now, I leave you with this....

No comments: