Tuesday 23 July 2013

Random Notes from Today's Classes

There were 7 students in my first class yesterday. Now there are 8; the other one is the only other girl. I’m a bit perplexed: where did she come from? My afternoon class only has 3 students. The other 2 are guys. They told me that last week it was all guys in their classes. We need more females in this program.
Okay….she left half way through class (at our break time). Based on overheard conversation, I think she was checking out the program.

The TMC wifi seems to be crashing right now. I’m not sure why it’s suddenly a weak signal that won’t let me do stuff. Okay, it’s fixed. Not that I’m on the internet while sitting in class…I would never do that!

I think the guy in back is trying to type up everything the profs say. He keeps getting them to repeat stuff. I think “typing everything” is not his learning style. He should try listening more and typing less.

Interesting fact: Israel has around 83 political parties. Some are more conservative and claim that there are around 50 major parties. One party is paying parents to have children (sort of like child benefits, only more money compared to their cost of living), up to 7 children (it was 10, but they realized that they couldn’t keep that up forever). So they’re breeding voters and growing their political party.

No one is going to want to serve a god who is just a means to an end. God is not the mean; He is the end. He is glorious.

You will never get the kind of change you really want until they see how great God really is.

They need to provide bigger desks. I’m using three of them (and advantage to small class sizes) and it’s barely enough. I have the one I’m sitting at, then the one in front flipped around so I can put the computer there when I want to write notes or look something up in the Bible. It’s also good because I prefer the computer a bit back when I’m typing, so it rests a bit on the other desk. Then I have the one beside me pulled over to hold my binder and pen when I’m not writing notes, as well as my Bible and drink. My backpack, water bottle, and pencil case are on the seat of that desk. I need a full table, or even a proper desk!

No comments: