Thursday 25 July 2013

Wednesday's Random Notes

Because I know you want to hear what goes through my mind when I'm in class, here are more notes (plus, bonus second post today!).

I’ve eaten bacon for breakfast every morning so far. It makes mornings so much better.

You know the song “Deep and Wide” that we sing with kids? The only place that’s found in the Bible is Ezekiel 23:32. It’s about Israel drinking of the cup of iniquity.

Not many people take notes by hand. By my third summer, even I had given in and mostly type notes (although I write some things down, mostly when we get off on rabbit trails and I don’t want random things in my notes). Last summer we had to write our notes for one class, and then type them up after the class. It’s noisier when people are typing than when they are writing.

He’s talking about Proverbs, the “Train up a child verse.” He agrees that it’s properly a warning if translated from Hebrew properly. I finally had something to contribute since I was able to explain what it really means, so now I look smart!

Proverbs 31 is written to men. They are to marry wisdom.

Why is pride wrong? Because the only one high and lifted up is God. When you are proud, you are saying, “I am competing with Jesus for attention.”

Someone’s mowing the lawn, or possibly using a week whacker of some sort. It’s noisy.

The social gospel and the emerging church switch the gospel with the results of the gospel.

My computer is wondering if I want to switch from google.ca to google.com. I won’t even switch the time (I have to remind myself that it’s an hour earlier than it says); I’m certainly not going to switch the search engine.

I haven’t decided if sitting through classes for 4 hours every morning and every afternoon makes me more sympathetic with my 4-hour students or less sympathetic. After all, they have only 1 session a day and they get more breaks, and sometimes they get to throw things.

No comments: