Monday 14 August 2017

At the Start of Another Week

There are 3 weeks before school goes back in my area. Some of the outlying school districts start back the week before, but my kids go back the day after Labour Day. I know most people don't count down to the end of summer, but I'm ready for a break. During the summer, we have students in the centre all day (10-2, 4-8, and sometimes 2:30-4:00 as well). I like the kids and I love teaching, but there is paperwork that never seems to get done, and having people around all the time is really, really tiring. So I'm looking forward to having quiet days again.

Also, summer means longer days at work most of the week, so I'm looking forward to more regular work hours. I don't get as much done in the summer because I'm at work a lot; also, the heat drains me. From most to least, I like spring, fall, winter, and summer. I'm not a fan of extreme cold or hot, but I function better with cold. It's possible to bundle up enough to avoid the cold. Last night had some fabulous thunderstorms. This morning is nice and cool, and it's not supposed to get very hot today, so I'm happy.

This week will be crazy-busy. There's a lot going on at work and away from work. We need to plan Sunday School for the fall, and I'm babysitting on my day off. And I know that 2 things don't seem like a lot, but the Sunday School stuff will take a lot of time. It always does at this stage of preparation.

And that's my life right now.

No comments: