Sunday 20 August 2017

First Lines

I'm tired. The summer schedule at work is always brutal, in part because the days are long, and in part because there are always people around. I also didn't sleep well last night, so I'm counting down the hours until I can try sleeping again (there's no point in going to bed too early as that always makes for a broken night's sleep).

So...this is the best I can do for you right now.

"The roar of thunder was deafening."

"'Well, if there be any truth in the old adage, young Herman Brudenell will have a prosperous life; for really this is a lovely day for the middle of April -- the sky is just as sunny and the air as warm as if it were June,' said Hannah Worth, looking out from the door of her hut upon a scene as beautiful as ever shone beneath the splendid radiance of an early spring morning."

"Any Christian who is feeling down or discouraged about anything should study Paul's great letter to the Philippians."

"Wendy and I stepped out of a creaky, multicolored boat onto the dust-packed bank of the Tungabhadra River."


No comments: