Sunday 6 August 2017

Sunday Update

Today has been a pretty low-key Sunday, which I like. There was the light issue at church. The lights at the front weren't working properly; at one point during the singing, they were jumping between colours (which was interesting to watch, but probably disconcerting for the guy leading the singing and anyone prone to seizures or migraines). Mike preached in odd lighting, where we could see the shadow of his head on his chest as he preached. It was distracting at first, but quickly became normal.

Today's sermon was good. We finished Ephesians 4, talking about how to live as new men and women in Christ. Mike showed that it's not enough to stop sinning, but we also have to do good for each other.

The past week has been crazy busy. I had family in town for a couple nights, so the apartment was full. We had a blast at Telus World of Science on Tuesday (it was too wet to visit the zoo). We were there for 7 hours; I think we say everything!

Friday evening my Bible study group and another group were at the associate pastor's for a BBQ. Mike had put up the tarp because it was supposed to rain, so of course it didn't rain. I had a chance to inspect his books, and his sons' books (although the 5 year old's books weren't that exciting, but I admired them when I went to see his brother's books). It was just a nice evening.

It was a very social week. I'm ready for a break from people; good thing tomorrow's a holiday.

We sang this hymn today; it's one that I'm not familiar with. Enjoy!

No comments: