Monday 28 August 2017

The Last Week of Summer

Of course I know that summer doesn't really end until near the end of September, but I still run on a teacher schedule, so summer ends on the Labour Day weekend. Then the kids go back to school and I get my days back, which means finally catching up on paperwork and such. It also means working more regular hours (not "normal" hours from, say, an office worker's perspective, but I can settle back into routine).

I have been sleeping better the past few nights, including a full 8 hours Saturday night (and it's been a really, really long time since that happened). It's always easier to deal with life when I'm at least a bit rested.

Yesterday was Sunday School registration. From the best I can figure, 2 families were there and didn't register, 1 family was away, and there are a few others who came sometimes near the end of last year that I'm not sure about (the didn't register, but they may not be planning to attend). I think my numbers are fairly accurate, so I can start organizing classes and materials.

As I left church yesterday, I noticed one of the little guys (he's around 3) wandering outside. He was just at the edge of the parking lot, and had obviously escaped whoever was supposed to be watching him. I suggested that he should go inside, and he just looked at me, so I asked one of the older boys to bring the little guy in and hand him over to his mom. The older boy was willing, but the little guy still wouldn't go until the older guy said, "Let's race to see who can get inside first!" It worked (of course). When I told the big guy's mom, she was pleased that he had that figured out, but then realized why that trick no longer works on him.

That's about it for now. Life at work is about to settle down; life outside work is about to get busy (Bible study, women's Wednesday morning group, Sunday School, and counselling class are all ready to begin next month).

No comments: