Sunday 24 August 2008

Notes from Thunder Bay

Here I am, in Thunder Bay again. It's a bit unexpected since, between school and the new apartment, I did not see myself having enough money to fly home until somewhere around 2013. But...my grandmother died a couple days ago and the funeral is tomorrow and my parents agreed to pay for the flight if I could get away so here I am.
I am not writing about any of that today. I'm not ready to write about it just yet. Today is for other stuff. Like the 3 flights it took to get here and the fact that to get back to Edmonton I need to fly through Toronto. Does that even make sense?

Yesterday on the flight from Calgary to Edmonton there was TV access. I haven't watched TV in over a month so I thought I'd check it out. I flew Air Canada (never my first choice but we were booking too late to fly WestJet) and Air Canada give you free-that-you-can-keep headphones and you can watch prerecorded shows or movies so there's no starting-half-way-through stuff to deal with. I checked out all the channels they had and ended up watching CSI New York. I don't think I've been missing much. I was going to watch Prince Caspian but by the time I found it I figured there wasn't enough time to watch the whole thing.

My sister's babies are all growing up. The baby is 2 now and he never stops moving. Never. Except when I wanted to hug him and he clung to mommy until I bribed him with candy. Now we're friends again. Because I have no shame when it comes to getting hugs from small nephews. The older three kids were quite willing to climb on me and give me hugs and cuddles and kisses. I'm very happy to be among them.

One last thing: I was sitting in the play room and I found a small book. It's called Mousie Takes a Bite and it's about Mousie trying different foods and how they taste (very deep stuff, I know). Anyway, on the last page it says "Uh-oh! The cat wants to taste something, too!" and there's a picture of the cat, mouth wide open, holding Mousie by the tail. What type of children's book is this?? I'm really surprised it hasn't been censored! (Actually it's sort of funny).

2 comments:

Katarina said...

Praying you're doing o.k

pbfwood said...

Despite the fast turn around this time it was nice having you here. All 39 hours you were, lol.