Sunday 23 April 2017

Sunday Notes

Today we started on the fruit of the Spirit in Sunday School. We talked about abiding in the vine to bear fruit, and how good trees bear good fruit, and bad trees bear bad fruit. We read from Matthew, about how you will know people (and particularly in that case, false teachers) by their fruit.

Then I used an example of an orchard. If it's late summer, early fall, and you're in an orchard and you're not sure what type of trees they are, how can you find out?
The answer I was given: By their leaves.
Trust me: even this boy doesn't know the leaves of the trees well enough to tell one type of tree from another.
My response: Where in the Bible does it say "You will know them by their leaves?????"

Oh, well; maybe next week they'll get it!

After the service, I was talking with another lady about our various menopausal symptoms. Yeah, I'm at that stage of adulthood now. I'm glad that I'm not going through it alone though; it's nice to have someone else sympathize with the hot flashes followed by chills!

Here's a hymn for you. Have a great week!


No comments: