Sunday 19 July 2009

Back at Masters

Yesterday afternoon I arrived back at The Masters College for my annual week of classes. Suddenly all those hours spent doing homework seem worth the effort for this one, glorious, happy week of being with other students and with teachers and learning.

I think coming back was even better than coming the first time. This year there was no uncertainty or wondering what it would be like. It was like coming home. The campus is familiar and I know so many people and it feels right. No matter who is around we can just talk and catch up and share stories and laugh and be together easily. Or we can sit around working or reading or whatever with only occasional bits of conversation here and there and that's okay too.

Tomorrow I start classes. Tomorrow will be a happy day too.

No comments: