Saturday 13 April 2024

From the Kids

A conversation with a 7-year-old boy:

Me: What do you want to do when you grow up?

Him: I'm going to have a job.

Me: What type of job?

Him: You know, a job, like dads do!

Me: Dads do different types of jobs. I don't know what job you mean.

Him: Yes you do! Like dads have jobs and they go to work.

Eventually we got to the idea that he wants to be in construction like his dad and build a skyscraper. Also, his dad now works in the office, which led to his final plans.

Him: When dad is old and I'm taller than him, I'll take over in the office.


A conversation with a 6-year-old girl whose mom is trying to get her to tell me that she finished a level in swimming:

Mom: What did you pass recently?

Her: I don't know.

Mom: When we were at swimming on Monday, you passed...

Her, thinking very hard: Um...a hula hoop!

No comments: