Saturday 6 April 2024

Roof Work

The roofing people are doing work on the roof of my building. This is all well and good, but their scaffolding is right outside my bedroom window. From my desk in the "office" (that small space between the living room couch and the dining room table), I can watch the men when they go up and down. (I could watch them from the bedroom as well, but I'm keeping all those blinds closed.) It's a bit strange; my apartment is on the second floor, so I never thought I'd have to worry about someone right outside my windows. They may be renovating all the balconies on my building this summer as well, so that will mean workers everywhere.

It's worse for my downstairs neighbours. Most of their windows are blocked by the wooden walls they erected around the scaffolding and their patio is mostly shaded by the walls as well. At least I can open my living room blinds and have some natural light while I watch the workers going up and down.

No comments: