Tuesday 16 April 2024

Monarch Song

When I teach my tutoring student, I sometimes let him watch a video that goes along with what we're learning or that just amuses me (and him). We watched a clip from a movie showing someone learning about the concept of writing for the fist time; a video about Gutenberg's printing press; some VeggieTales about grammar (Schoolhouse Polka with Larry); the St. Crispin's Day speech from Hamlet; and various bits and pieces that I've found. We particularly like some of the songs from Horrible Histories and one of our favourites is the Monarch Song. We've listened to it enough that when I hear the name "William" I start to sing in my head "William, William, Henry, Steven, Henry, Richard, John!"

For your entertainment:


 

 I like the lyric one because it's easier to follow the song, but the updated one includes Charles III:

 

No comments: