Saturday 16 February 2008

Cooking with the Kids

I'm visiting my sister for a few days to help out a bit. Today the three younger kids and I were making casseroles to freeze. Cooking with a 7 year old, and 5 year old and a 20 month old is an experience. In fact the big kids were somewhat helpful. They stirred and grated and cleaned up. There was a lot of cleaning up!

And we had this conversation:
5 year old: That looks like pluke.
7 year old: It looks yuck.
Me: It's chicken taco casserole, not puke.
7 yr old: It looks yucky, but it'll be good, right?
5 yr old: It's not pluke, it just looks like pluke.

I hope they all enjoy the pluke casserole.

5 comments:

pbfwood said...

I will be sure to let you know how they like the pluke casserole.

The Martins Home said...

How did they like it???

Dorothy said...

It is my understanding that they all liked it. Well, there is some question about the oldest, who ate it very slowly, but said it was good.

pbfwood said...

Well said. The oldest took forever to eat but ate it saying it was good. The baby gobbled it up and left some of the chicken and my other son gobbled it up and finished off the babies.

Dorothy said...

You know that makes it sound like you have more than one baby and the boy ate them, right?