Wednesday 6 February 2008

Sad but True

Okay, I have a confession to make. I watched the Superbowl on Sunday. I still think football is a silly game, but I watched anyway. In my defence, though, I had very good reasons for watching it: that's where the food was and I was working on being sociable...but mostly it was for the food (there was pizza). And I had my laptop and my book so I wasn't watching so much as I was in the same room as the tv.
But that's not the worst part. That much I can excuse on the basis of food and socialization. Then, part way through the 4th quarter, my landlady came home and we went down to the basement tv to watch something (anything) else. We ended up watching "Murdoch Mysteries" which was much more interesting than football. BUT... during commercials I kept flipping back to the game just to check what was happening. I seemed to have been hooked by football.
The only consolation I have is that I still think it's a silly game, I probably won't watch it again, and plus there was pizza. I'd do worse for pizza.

3 comments:

pbfwood said...

That is pretty sad. There is pizza at soccer. You can go for 2 hours on the weekend and see all of them play.

Dorothy said...

But is it good pizza?

pbfwood said...

It's Pizza Hut pizza, pepperoni. Mind you at 10am they may not have it yet.