Tuesday 12 February 2008

Time management and legalism

Sometimes I have time management issues. Really, they're time use issues. When I get home from work, I'm tired and I want to veg for a while...which becomes a longer while...and then it's bedtime and I haven't accomplished anything. It used to be tv watching that took up the time until I stopped watching tv (mostly) because it was a waste of time. The problem was, I replaced it with the computer and the joy of blog reading and internet surfing.

Okay, so the link to legalism: to combat this I want rules. I want someone to say "It's okay to watch these tv shows, or to watch for this amount of time, and to spend this much time on the computer." In fact I've tried making rules, but I don't follow them very well. I am the master of justifying my actions (or inaction).

So what's the answer? More rules? Probably not. All that creates is outward change that really doesn't last. What I need is to want to spend my time wisely rather than waste it. Which makes it a character issue. Which means that I have to change. Which is no fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sad but true.. No fun!!! I have found that TV truely is mostly a waste of time. And I have tried to leave computer for weekends. And I did well for 1 week LOL!!! But really to accomplish something I find just planning one project a week. If you find time to finish that then veg the rest of the week!!