Friday 11 July 2008

Wrapping Up and a Confession

Today was the last day of classes. This has been the most wonderful week. I have learned so much and been challenged on so many points. I've learned how much I don't know and how much I have to learn. I've also learned the beginning of how to learn more.

I am not ready to go home. Usually at the end of being away I switch into "can't wait to go home" mode. It's not happening this time. I have been so happy here. This has been the best week ever. You know how sometimes you can wait and long for something and build it up so much there's no way it can match your expectations and, as good as the reality is, it's a bit of a letdown? I was a bit afraid that this would be like. It wasn't. It was everything I hoped for and then some.

But, in the morning, I must leave. Work and other responsibilities await me. And home is good. I will be back in my own church on Sunday with my flock of babies to teach. I am happy there too. I wish I could be in both places.

Oh, and the confession: I went back to the bookstore and bought 3 more books.

1 comment:

pbfwood said...

That's too funny -- the bookstore lured you back in. Glad you had such a great time though and it was more than you expected. What a great experience for you. Have a safe trip home again.