We are planning to do renovations at the church this fall, which means no Sunday School. This week, in preparation for whenever the renos start, we cleared out the Sunday School rooms. It only took one morning, and was faster than we thought to get everything sorted, packed, and hauled out to the van. One of the teachers is going to store it all at her house.
In the process, we found:
- curriculum that had never been used
- other curriculum books that we do use
- still more curriculum that belongs to another ministry
- many pencil crayons
- so many erasers
- a very nice pen
- another assortment of pens
- crayons
- crayon bits
- more pencil crayons
- registration forms from 2014
- several pack of goggly eyes
- a VBS kit that came from who-knows-where and included a VHS tape
- piles of photocopies for worksheets that we no longer use
- seriously, where do all these pencil crayons come from?
- multiple pairs of scissors
In short, I am never listening to teachers again when they insist that they need more materials. What we need is to look closely at what we already have!
I told the elder who does the shopping for me to check if I ever again order pencil crayons, crayons, or erasers.
Anyway, that's done. Fall will be strange without Sunday School, but I'm thankful for the renos because they mean more room for Sunday School. I'm also thankful for a year to rest and revamp our program. It's good, but with the influx of children over the past few years, we need to make sure we're serving them well. We also need to go over all the curriculum, making adjustments and making sure we're ready to start strong next fall.

No comments:
Post a Comment