Thursday 7 July 2011

Books

I'm trying to read some of the books that have been donated to the church library. Most books we okay right away, but a few we're not sure about. We can turn them over to the elder for approval, but this is not his area of expertise.

So far I've read 2 novels. (I know, I know...the things I do to ensure quality books...I am so dedicated!) They both turned out pretty well so I'm adding them to the library.

The other books are princess books. One of them is called "Do You Think I'm Beautiful?" and the other one is "Keeping a Princess Heart."

I'm not a fan of the princess mentality. I sort of understand; all women want to be called beautiful and seem special. I just worry sometimes that with all the princess talk we ignore huge parts of Scripture and it becomes all about us.

Really, I should read the books before I judge them, I get that. Um...if anyone out there has read them and can tell me how they are, it would help me.

Please?

3 comments:

Katarina said...

Who are the books by? I haven't read them, but let me know that author and I might have an idea of what they are like.

I try to steer from the princess with Xanj too but at the same time, if the message is that we are children of THE King, regardless, then I don't mind....anyway, that's my rant ;)

Dorothy said...

Nicole Johnson and Angela Thomas.

I know...read first, judge later!

Katarina said...

don't know those authors off the top of my head....so i wont be much help. just read the books ;)