Friday 8 July 2011

Friday

Week one of summer at work is done. It has been an insanely long week with people and paperwork all. the. time. Today I finally got to eat lunch at 3:30 after the last person left. By 5:30 I thought I was just about done for the day when the phone rang. It was a dad from earlier today who wanted to sign up his son to start next week. That was fine, but as we spoke he learned that the child needed more hours than mom was going to sign for so.....he had to talk to them about adding more time and call me back. He called back at just before 6:00 to arrange for him to start on Monday morning which meant I had to make sure everything was ready for him before I could go home. I finally left work at 6:30, making the work week approximately 51 hours long. No wonder I'm tired!

7 weeks of summer left. Next week looks to be at least almost as long as this week. The week after I'll be in school (yay!) and then everything should settle down to nice, normal days. I hope.

2 comments:

Katarina said...

Normal days? in the summer? Are you sure those are possible?

Dorothy said...

Well, "normal" in that I'm not working 10-12 hour days and there aren't new students in every day. That's about as normal as it gets!