Friday 29 July 2011

Not Feeling Deep Today

Not that anyone is surprised by that! All the "tips on having a successful blog" say that you need to write regularly and have a theme for your blog to get readers and keep people interested. Plus, posts about what I'm doing and stuff are real no-no's.

Obviously, I am not interested in a successful blog. I write sporadically and randomly about a mishmash of stuff and there's a lot of "what I'm doing" posts. As a result, I have about 4 readers; even my dad doesn't read what I have to say!

I suppose it depends on your definition of "successful." I like writing, sharing what's happening or whatever interests me, and I'm all good with not being well known. Well-know blogs get trolls in the comments who argue and then they have to defend themselves and stuff. Plus, then I might feel some obligation to write frequently. It's not going to happen!

So, to talk about myself.... It was a long week, I'm glad it's over, and I'm very happy for a long weekend. All I have to do is: finish a skirt, start another skirt, start studying for my exam, start research for papers, play with Lego with a couple little guys from the church, prepare a month or two of Junior Church stuff, vacuum....

At the last sleepover, the girls complained that I made them go home too soon (this, after I extended the time for an extra hour) because no one has anything to do on Saturdays anyway. I laughed at them.

2 comments:

pbfwood said...

I read your blog and about you.

Dorothy said...

Thank you. I'll keep writing then!