Monday 23 September 2024

Sunday School

A new year of Sunday School started last week. Things seemed to have gone well for the first two weeks; there were a couple changes to be made (some of the 4-year-olds weren't quite ready for Sunday School after all, so I moved some people around and fit in everyone on the wait list), but overall it went smoothly.

I'm teaching my children The Pilgrim's Progress this year. Someone gave me a curriculum that breaks it up nicely into sections to read to them with worksheets already prepared. Each chapter also includes vocabulary, very useful since it's in the original 17th Century English. The children have enjoyed learning about having a surly carriage and deriding people. 

It's a bit of a change. For the past several years I've written my own curriculum. Even when I reused material, I was always updating, changing, and trying to improve it. Having it all here in front of me is nice. To prepare, I just have to read it over, go over the Scripture verses, and go through the worksheet pages. There's still work, but much less of it.

Also, I love The Pilgrim's Progress and I'm delighted to be sharing it with the kids.

No comments: