September was my month of hospitality. After mostly neglecting it in the first part of the year and using summer as an excuse for rarely having people over, I was convicted in summer that I've been lacking in the "love one another" that comes from hospitality, so I started inviting people over.
I had 4 families over for supper and one for lunch (although they brought lunch). We didn't have anything fancy: I either served one of my variations on chicken casserole (with tater tots, or potatoes, or pasta!), or taco rice bowls for the family with food allergies. It was fun to have people over, get to know them more, and build relationships. I have a few other families coming over in the next couple months as well.
I was also out more in September. We had our staff meeting, complete with the pot luck lunch; our kick-off, complete with tacos-in-a-bag, and our first support group, followed by the Edmonton area PGP group meeting, complete with lemon and blueberry tarts. There was also the Women's ministry kick-off, complete with a pot luck brunch.
Basically, September was about food!
As the weather started to cool off, work started to pick up. I was checking program plans, getting after people to get their program plans done, and booking meetings. History class also started, with my group of 5 wonderful and strange students meeting in my living room. They're a talkative bunch and the challenge will be to get everything taught each week!
And so starts the new year of classes, meetings, and fellowship.

No comments:
Post a Comment