The third Sunday in September has been the start of Sunday School for several years now. Before then it fluctuated a bit; sometimes it was the second week; other times, when we were renting space, it had to be put off a couple weeks so as not to interfere with special events the other church was having. For several years, now, it has been the third Sunday.
This past Sunday was the third Sunday in September and there was no Sunday School. The plan is to not have Sunday School until the third Sunday of next September.
The reasons are good: Renovations started on Monday, and we don't have access to the Sunday School rooms. They were all emptied out on Sunday, and the roof tiles were gone. If all goes according to plan, by next summer we should have a second floor, more Sunday School rooms, and enough room for all the children. Maybe we can have a junior high class again.
I knew this was coming. I agreed with the necessity. I was pleased with the break, especially over the summer which, for the first time in years, did not include planning for Sunday School. I like having a year off to prepare new curriculum, make sure policies are in place, and plan for new teachers, new classes, and proper teacher training.
I did not expect it to hit me so hard on Sunday. Not having Sunday School was hard. I love my kids and I love teaching them. I miss them.
It's only a year. It's a good thing to take a break. It will result in more space.
I am happy about the plan. I miss Sunday School.

No comments:
Post a Comment