Tuesday, 1 September 2026

August

August is gone, although the summer weather is still here. After all, it's still 3 weeks until autumn. My flowers are blooming and my tomatoes are ripening. We're hoping for a week or two without rain so the farmers can get the hay in.

August was a nice, sleepy month, just as it should be. It was nearer to the end of the month before I began thinking about fall and look at work-related stuff; until then, it was quiet days.

I spent some time with friends. I went out for dinner to one family's house and had another family over to visit and went for sushi with other friends. We had a baby shower for my newest granddaughter. Not much else happened. 

I read a lot in August, continuing my quest to read as many children's books as possible. I'm still waiting for one from the library; I'm next in line!

Really, it was quiet. I started looking at building curriculum for next year. I enrolled enough children to hold history class this fall. I began looking at program plans and answering emails. I ordered a couple books for my professional growth plan and put others on my "for later" list at the library, but I haven't started reading them yet.

It's September now, so it's time to get going. There is church history curriculum to review and prep, program plans to approve, meetings emails to set up, meetings to book, and all the things that come with fall.

Summer was good, and I feel better now. I've been spending more time in prayer and Bible reading/study, and I'm starting to memorize Scripture again. I'm very thankful for the rest, and I'm ready for the new year.

No comments: