Saturday, 29 August 2026

Almost Fall

Granted, it's still hot out most day (very hot sometimes), but fall is coming. The nights are nice and cool, as are mornings, which makes for nice morning walks. The creek is low and slow, with rocks starting to poke their heads up from the water. The trees are just starting to turn yellow, and the tomatoes are starting to ripen. 

I'm planning make some rhubarb jam and maybe do some canning once it cools off properly. I berries and other fruit half filling the freezer already; if I'm going to take advantage of the summer produce, I'll need to stop freezing and start canning. 

This has been a lovely summer. I've rested and taken my time with things. I'm feeling better and ready for life to start again. Of course, this fall will be different with some major things -- Sunday School and Women's Ministry -- not starting. Fall will be busy, but still restful, I think.

Work is starting now. History class starts soon enough. There are 3 Very Important Babies coming in the new year to crochet for. I'm starting to put together Sunday School curriculum for next year, content in the knowledge that I have time and I can work on it because I want to, not because it's urgent.

As things cool off outside, they start up inside. It's a nice flow to the year and I've enjoyed it.

No comments: